To be UNESCO or not to be UNESCO; that´s the question!
On the Canary Islands there are four material UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The National Park El Teide on Tenerife definitely takes the lead. Gran Canaria has got Risco Caído; a rough diamond which is about to be cut and polished by UNESCO. This rough diamond is a prehispanic cave complex. It is a real architectural and astronomical highlight that can only be reached on foot. Anyone who wants to visit Risco Caído in its pure state before the masses pour in, should definitely take a change NOW. The most beautiful trail leads across the reservoir of Los Pérez, through the misty Tamadaba forest. In Lugarejos, this same trail turns into a zigzagging, spectacular donkey path which leads to the hidden site.
* all year long
* distance: 11,5 km
* circular hike
* level: easy
* ascent and descent: 410m
* you pick the day (it depends on availability)
* booking required
* it´s a two hour drive to Risco Caído from the South of Gran Canaria (two hours one way)
* private hike: just you and your family or friends
* we are not allowed to enter the caves but we visit the complex from the outside. The caves are closed to the public
* the guide is a licensed guide, examined by the Canarian government and specialized in vulkanism, flora and history.
* estimated driving time from: - Playa Del Inglés: 1h40
-Puerto de Mogán: 1h50
1 pers.: 150,00 EUR
2 pers.: 190,00 EUR
3 pers.: 230,00 EUR
4 pers.: 270,00 EUR
5 pers.: 310,00 EUR
6 pers.: 350,00 EUR
Special prices for bigger groups
Included in the price: transport, licensed guide, picnic, insurance, water and hiking poles.
0034/ 653 73 77 73
Mogán Verde. Calle Tabaiba 7, 35128 El Horno, Mogán, Gran Canaria (España)
Número Registro General de Turismo: 379562 (Actividades turísticas complementarias)
Tenemos hojas de reclamaciones a su disposición. We have official complaint forms at your disposal. Wir haben Beschwerdeformulare zur Verfügung. We hebben klachtenformulieren ter beschikking. Nous avons des feuilles de plaintes à votre disposition.